As required under Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013, the Board of Directors has constituted a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Committee comprising Shri R.C. Nayyar (Chairman) and Shri V.K. Nayyar, Sh.S.N.Goyal and Smt. Meenu Mittal as other members to formulate and recommend to the Board, a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy which shall indicate the activities to be undertaken by the Company as specified in Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013, to recommend the amount of expenditure to be incurred on the activities and to monitor the Corporate Social Responsibility Policy of the Company from time to time.
(Approved by the Board of Directors on 04.04.2016)
Our aim is to be one of the most respected companies in India delivering superior and sustainable value to all our customers,
business partners, shareholders, employees and host communities.
The CSR initiatives focus on holistic development of host communities and to create social, environmental and economic value to
To pursue these objectives we will continue to:
- Uphold and promote the principles of inclusive growth and equitable development.
- Develop Community Development Plans based on needs and priorities of host communities and measure the effectiveness of community development programs.
- Work actively in areas of preventive health and sanitation, education, skills for employability, livelihoods and income generation,
waste resource management and water conservation for host communities for enhancing Human Development Index.
- Collaborate with like-minded bodies like governments, voluntary organizations and academic institutes in pursuit of our goals.
- Interact regularly with stakeholders, review and publicly report our CSR initiatives.
Average Net Profit of the company for last three financial years: Rs.643.39 Lacs
Prescribed CSR Expenditure : Rs.12.87 Lacs
Details of CSR spent during the financial year: Rs.27.74 Lacs
Total amount to be spent for the financial year: Rs.12.87 Lacs
Amount unspent, if any: NIL
Manner in which the amount spent during the financial year is detailed below:
1. In Urban Area: Welfare of Handicapped & school fees of poor student (Rs.1,67,000)
2. In Rural Area: Promoting Education & Sports (Rs.14,00,000)
3. In Rural Area: Construction of public Toilet under Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan (Rs.12,06,955)
4. Mata Ram Devi Diagnostic Centre
Mittal Group of Companies is running a charitable trust i.e. Mata Ram Devi Diagnostic Centre in memory of Late Smt. Ram Devi mother of Late Sh. Dwarka Dass Mittal, Founder Chairman of the Group in the premises of Mahavir Dal Hospital, Bathinda. A team of four Doctors (i.e. Med Spl, Gynae, Ortho & ENT) and nine member staff comprising of technicians, pharmacists, X-ray operators etc. have been employed to run the establishment. Facilities available at the Diagnostic Center are Medicine Shop, Diagnostic Lab, X-ray machine, Echo facility, ECG and a fully functional OT with 08 Rooms to house the patients. The medicines that are made available at the Medicine shop are at highly subsidized rates. For all other facilities like consulattion fee, echo, x-ray, lab tests etc. the charges are very nominal and within reach of weaker section of our society. Funds are made available at regular intervals to upgrade the existing facilities, so as to provide the latest in health services to the society.
5. Free Education to Employees Children
Arrangments have been made with a local school i.e. Bhoj Raj Lajwanti Jain Public High School, Bathinda imparting education to children upto primary level. As of date, 40 children of our employees are studying at the said school. Their expenses towards education, starting from admission to monthly school fee is being borne by the group as part of this activity.